Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sad Update About Amber's Bird

I recieved this reply on the MySpace blog from Amber:

I am so going to cry now!well admittedly I already did for a short while- and you would too if you heard your baby crying for you... read on and see what I mean:
I am not a good mommy! I checked a few sites on integrating him/her back to the wild and they stated to leave the cage on the porch open so birdy can come and go as she/he pleases- and dammit if birdy didn't get herself/himself stuck up in the tree right by the balcony- and she's keeps peeping/crying for me to come feed her- (I know this b/c she peeps when I call to her- and she's the only bird making a sound at night- again when I call her to come down...) she flew up there- she can fly down- but she's too scared or something- anyway we're on day two of coaxing her/him down-I was up all night- and then got up again at 0600 hrs- and still she crys but does not come down- Justin almost broke his neck trying to get to her but at the time she was on a very thin branch way up high- since we have not had site of her- we just hear her- and can pin point an area high in that tree-
I'm thinking it's hopeless at this point- and optomistic Justin thinks birdy's instincts will kick in sooner or later if she/he get's hungry enough- and or hopefully we'll find her b4 any animals do if she falls out-this is terrible- I've had no sleep- and for whatever reason birdy now thinks she can't fly- I need a big firetruck- otherwise... I just don't want her to suffer is all- I'd rather have kitty get her than have her starve- poor stupid cute thing...
oh and when he/she was chased previously I ran at the other birds- I didn't throw objects! ;) even though those birds pissed me off- I wasn't going to hurt them; anyway if anyone has any ideas- the clock is ticking... ;(
Posted by Amber on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 at 3:01 PM

2 comments:

M said...

Is there any chnace the fire department could help -- the good old tall ladder? It's worth asking anyway, just to know for sure and not keep thinking about what could had been done after it's too late.

mendacious said...

i'm going to cry. why doesn't the bird fly back down to her.

thanks for ruining my day (sob!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin