Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Easter/ Healing the Shadow


A simple e-mail inquiry(thanks, Mariana) about my holiday plans boosted me into a fit of egg painting. I made lovely personalized type eggs for my immediate tribe members, and found myself with one left for me. So I made an egg for my shadow.
I've been processing some old stuff that I had thought was long settled--so much that it has brought me to a dead stop in some areas of my life. I sought some advice from wise person, who counseled me to simply witness the negative emotions, without rejecting them or attaching to them, and to send love to the dark, scary parts of myself. Not easily done, due to the dark/scary bit.
So, with that in mind, I painted my egg black, and pasted Frank from Donnie Darko, and Violet Grim from DogWitch. Frank, because he is a frightening appearing messenger ally, and Violet, because she wins the day by using her shadow to beat up baddies.
And the cool thing is, my shadow seems to appreciate it. I feel a bit less cranky, and part of me feels listened to and understood at last. There's a long journey left still, but I feel much more optimistic about it.

3 comments:

M said...

Gothic Easter eggs, I love it! You should start your own brand. :)

mendacious said...

ooo cryptic emails pointing to a dark and tumultous underbelly. nice.

Kurt said...

You're still going to die in the end, though, right?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin