Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Breaking Even

(what's this got to do with today's post? I think this guy's losing it....)
So, tax time. Whee!
This is the first time I've filed as self employed. It was tricky, as I was part time with the state for half the year. Anyway--made a pittance in '05 doing massage, and spent a ton on expenses. So it cost me a fair bit to have my taxes done professionally--it was just like taking a car to the garage--they always quote something much lower than what you end up paying. Fortunately, my refund was more than the cost of preparation, so they deducted it and then charged a $25 "We're Fucking You Some More" fee. Whatever.
After all that, the amount of the refund is thirty cents more than my final truck payment, due next month. So yay!!

4 comments:

M said...

Yay and woo. Ah yes, the "We're Fucking You Some More" fee. I can see it's international.

Trey said...

Where goes the cash economy, there follows the "We're Fucking You Some More" fee.........

mendacious said...

i got a whole lot of that fee. so cosmically what did i do to deserve it. i'm really going to have to ponder that one- and go cry in the corner.

Trey said...

Good image interpretation!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin