Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Destination Achieved

04:45 Autopilot engaged, spending remaining time before arrival to check level of preparedness. Haven't worn my Special Ops black gear in a while. Must get in better shape. I can't believe how bad this looks on me now--must only wear during extreme prejudice assignments. No one can see me in this and live.

06:30 Pulling into OPE compound. Only one security guard on duty--wearing sweats(!)
06:33 That's not a security guard. It's Todd. With coffee. And a muffin.
06:43 Analyzed coffee and muffin--contains only traces of toxins, all within normal environmental limits.
06:55 Have put off entering OPE building as long as I can without raising suspicions. Haven't been this nervous since...nevermind.
07:10 Situation more dire than anticipated. Found lap-top with my personal photos/logs/files.
Setting thermal charges--compound to be cleansed.
07:13 Nevermind. Lap-top was my lap-top, that I brought in with me. Aborted pyrotechnic.
07:14 First post written.

1 comment:

Trey said...

If you check my post at OPE, you'll see that Kurt was real specific about "no photography". He used the word "bullet", and he used the word "BEA award".

Blog Widget by LinkWithin