Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Amber is a Good Bird Mommy


My recent stint of promiscuous blogging was hardest on Amber, my dear sweet baby twin sister. I would proudly repost on MySpace, creating confusion and consternation.
While I was off slutting around, the world's most fabulous psych nurse (Amber!) turned into Snow White--it's true! She and Justin rescued a helpless baby sparrow--they call her "Chick".
Amber feeds her with a syringe filled with baby food, and Chick has imprinted on Amber as her mommy. Now Chick is learning to fly, and wants to perch on Amber's shoulder all the time--safely up away from Io kitty (most likely the reason for Chick's orphan status). Amber has been the attentive, protective mother. When the baby was outside and being harrassed by the older birds, Amber chunked a projectile at the offending bird (exellent aim,BTW) and brought Chick inside. So she's like Snow White crossed with Ripley from Aliens---"Get away from her-- YOU BITCH!"
How could I not adore this woman?

1 comment:

M said...

That's such a cute story -- and I love the image association! :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin