Saturday, March 26, 2005

Happy (Pagan) New Year! with resolutions.......

Happy springtime! Io eostara! Renewal! Yipee!!!!
I am so overdue for an adjustment in my outlook. I had a look at my archives......eeeeesh! Golly, Trey, bash on about the minutiae of american culture much? What was it, burger adverts? Oh, yes, they are such a threat, someone simply must take on the terrible burden of vigilance lest the world....... you see my point. I think I've picked up a bit o' bitter in my journey, and I can't say I'm satisfied to be so. Years spent caring for an elder parent required sacrificing goals/dreams/ambitions. The years working psych have had a toll on the psyche as well.
I've made some effort to be a positive influence in my world. I use praise and encouragement
much more than criticism--I strive to be honest, direct and kind all at once. So why such ire in my writing?
For the new year ahead, I shall take a hint from H H the Dalai Lama, and take responsibility for my emotional state and outlook.
Here's to a year without venom.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

What about snarky-ness? You can't be snarky without some venom. By the way...Samurai Lapin Rules.

Whitney said...

What about snarky-ness? You can't be snarky without some venom. By the way...Samurai Lapin Rules.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin