Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Learning Curve


I'm feeling slightly proud today-- for those of you who've been here from episode one, you will recall how utterly at sea I was, being a new recruit to the computer having tribe. As you may know, I spent the 80's dancing around a Maypole, braiding my hair, and not learning about computers because Reagan and Thatcher were going to get us blown up or worse. I don't mind being wrong sometimes (just don't ask about the 90's).
So building a durn website--not just page, mind you, but site-- has been a wee challenge. Like linking. I just learning how to link. I want to link the world together now. Ok, it's passed, but I was elated for an hour after sorting that one out.
I live in an area that has 60,000 deaf citizens and almost as many massage therapists (it seems). As no one else has claimed this particular demographic group as their own, I call dibbs.
So-- large population of folks who communicate visually, who likely have never received professional massage. Challenge.
I am adding lots of deaf friendly features--on my hours of operations and rates page, I'm including a map of the location, and photos of the office and surrounding landmarks. Additionally, I am adding a "never had massage before" FAQ page, with an image gallery explaining the draping techniques, as well as printable versions of my intake forms, so clients can arrive with paperwork completed.
Now that we've caught up the news, here's a bit of fun via Sandy, who also sent me the picture above.
"This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fall on the same day. As Air America Radio pointed out, it is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication... and the other involves a groundhog."

1 comment:

M said...

Yay, I'm so proud of you! It sounds like it's very well organized and well thought out, bravo! Do let us know when the site's up, so we can plug it. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin