Monday, March 27, 2006

The Universe Is Autistic

Equilibrium--what are you gonna do about it? "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose"--French for "why bother for fuck's sake"--ok, I take liberties with my translation, but I do so with equality and brotherhood as well.
You know those "hidden picture" nightmares? The thingies you are supposed to "stare intently at" until a hidden image reveals itself, all coy like a neophyte exhibitionist? I was absolutely certain those things were a mass delusion, conspiracy to annoy me, or proof that I really am a Roswell baby like that guy on the bus screamed at me. Imagine my mixed emotions this evening when I actually experienced the 3-D phenomenon. First there was surprise. Then a surprised satisfaction slaking the frustration I had felt when confronted with these damn things. Then a touch of shame, a vague head ache from eye-crossing, and ultimately a touch of paranoia--why can I see them now? What have my enemies secretly done to my eyes/brain/computer screen?
So I thought I'd post my favorite one here and now--and blogger is being all crazy and not uploading images today. Nor is my e-mail. So, equilibrium--I can now see the damn images. I just can't upload them to my blog. Or the universe will headbang or something.

Ironic note : when you spell check your blog entries, it doesn't recognise "blog","blogger", or "blogging". Funny!

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Those things have only worked once for me. It was late and I was tired. But now I know that they're for real.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin