Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Thank you, Mariana

(Picture left: Mariana and Gatochy, making magic)
The brilliant Mariana is lending her talented hand to IRBHN. She's added a site meter, and has graciously accepted to guest post here.
I'll be covering for Kurt at OPE while he's overseas. I keep getting differing versions of why the trip is happening--first it was to clear up a wee misunderstanding with INTERPOL, then it was something about returning a mail order bride, yatta yatta....I wouldn't be surprised if he'd saved up to go ring Mariana's doorbell and run away, supressing his maniacal laughter until he's on the plane back, fully weirding out yet another Scandanavian flight attendant. He has a history with them. They taunt him, by asking "what is it now?" when he hasn't asked for anything previously. That kind of subtle abuse is the mark of a master, but I have faith that Kurt has replayed the event in his head ad infinitum, and will be poised with a withering response this time. Matter of fact, I'm starting to think that maybe this trip will be spent flying, seeking out that polyester clad virago, that nordic harpy, that ABBA-looking bitch in the sky, just to find closure, healing, and as many of those little bottles of booze he can possibly pinch. I'm counting on it.
Gotta go finish reading Kurt's instructions on the care and feeding of Todd.

2 comments:

M said...

Awww, my pleasure, Trey! I wish I had a purpose in life, like Kurt does. My daily life feels so meaningless. I gotta track down that school teacher who looked at me the wrong way once...

Anonymous said...

Wait - what's my purpose in life?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin