Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Excitement Grows

Ok-- Snayd got our tickets to go and hear his holiness, the Dalai Lama speak September 20th. The lecture begins at 4pm-- his holiness is getting on in years-- then I'm treating Snayd (Sandy misspelled, or Sinead mispronounced) to dinner. The following weekend, I'm taking the state examination for massage therapy. I'm not nervous-- I want to get it over with, and get on with my practice.
Our Delta reported back this week-- he's been to a festival that I'm a bit keen on attending next year. http://deltaavidelta.blogspot.com/ It was the massage area that got my attention, then I saw the rest, and I'm all frothy. I've been researching the requirements to practice massage in Eire-- I fired off several e-mails to working practitoners and schools. What I've gleaned thus far-- looks like a simple 135 contact hour program will get you ready to begin a practice. I'll be at about 550 hours this November, and should be ready for the National Certification in January. I'm hoping to peddle my wares worldwide-- yeah, that's it! I'll be a massage exporter. Have hands, will travel. Coming soon to a table near you. I could go on, but as the fatigue is making me goofy, I'll quit for now. g'nite.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin