Sunday, January 07, 2007

...and We'll All Have a Surreal Good Time


I'm turning 46 on Tuesday. Blows my mind.

I'm hosting a small, tasteful(?) surrealist themed birthday gathering at my home. I'm going to make a surreal pinata from a paper bag--it will be filled with words and images--hit it just right, and poetry falls out. Or curses, maybe......(be sure to read Mariana's post about the new super villain she invented--http://gatochy.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-kind-of-comic-book-villain.html).

The castle cake pan will come in handy--I just wish I had the time to do a full sized painting out of cake and candy, so we could recreate the Monty Python sketch ("I don't know much about art, but I know what I like....munch munch munch")

I wish for surreal quiz shows. I'd like to see something like Hollywood/Celebrity Squares, but with animals, mythological figures, emotions, weather....you get the drift. Instead of X and O, they would be ? and ; maybe. And it would be more Escher-like, with some of the people sitting upside down or sideways. That's entertainment!

3 comments:

Sebastien Millon said...

Haha, love the idea for the quiz show. We need that! Will there be walruses on the show? Walruses are wonderful creatures and they get no respect.

M said...

To the sound of "I am the walrus/coo coo ca choo." Something to consider... The piƱata could also be filled with fortune-cookies type of messages.

mendacious said...

happy day of being born day!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin