Saturday, December 02, 2006

'Tis The Season For Eye Strain


This is the wee tiny stocking I just made for Ma's doll's house--it's so much easier to decorate on the small scale, but sewing two of these 1 inch by a half inch stockings took a toll on my eyes. I'll be 46 next month, and seeing weensy things close up is not as easy as it once was--even threading the needle was a fun game of chance and skill. But I got a much bigger sense of accomplishment--plus, I felt just like the tailor in the Beatrix Potter story that made the tiny clothes for the mice. Harmlessly crazy.

4 comments:

M said...

It's beautiful! And everything is cooler when it's teensy weenzy tiny.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!!! Love the fact that it's so miniature!

Danny Collins said...

Great job! I can't imagine how you managed that, but I hope you won't strain your eye too much. So, were you able to fit any candy in there?

Trey said...

Thanks, Danny---it was so wee tiny, individual grains of sugar would have been more of a fit ;D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin