Sunday, December 31, 2006

Cyber Thanks to All My Generous Friends

Dear Mariana;
Thank you for the groovy gifts! The lobster is wiggling at me as I type this; the froggie will be opening the new years beverages, and the music box is the coolest thing anyone has ever given me. The tune is haunting--like something from a movie. I can just imagine a full orchestra taking up the melody----thank you!!!!
Dear Rob;
Thank you for the Pythons Autobiography by the Pythons book. It is giving me a different angle on my favorite anglos. You know me too well!
Dear Sandy;
Thank you for the newest fiction by Terry Pratchett! It was you that first got me started on him, all those years ago, when I got sick of fiction. You found one of the only fiction writers I enjoy. I'll try to read it slowly.
Dear Amber;
Thank you for the Hammer Horror box set. I know they are lost on people your age, but these were once considered very scary. The studio had a huge impact on me--much of my early photography and video work was homage/pastiche/rip offs of Hammer films. You've made me very happy!
Dear Dawn;
Thanks for the groovetastic t-shirt! It was thoughtful to design an original for me--"I'll take things only I know for $1000, Alex"--I can't begin to calculate how many times I've heard you say that while we were hanging out. It's comfy, too--I can't decide whetther to keep it special as a lounging shirt or what. Ma thinks it's pretty funny, too.
Dear Bart and Laura;
Thanks for all the cool stuff! I was happy with the monkey candy molds, then came the doll's house toilet and television. And if that wasn't enough fun--Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible!! Too funny, and what a companion to Amber's gift. You two should be spanked.
Dear Justin;
Thank you for whatever it is that still hasn't arrived. I have a pretty good idea, and I'm sure to plotz when it gets here. Don't feel bad--Mariana is still waiting for her gift from me to arrive. There were many mail snafus this season. Stop punishing yourself. Oh--you dress like that on purpose. never mind.
Dear Karen;
Than you for the book on Fang Shui, or feng shui for cats. It will come in handy for the new kitty, whenever it manifests its furry little self.
Dear Kala;
Thank you for the rune stones. They are a gorgeous shade of orange, and the bag you made for them is great!
Dear Shannon;
Thank you for the books! It was great to receive the entire series, specially after you had me read the first one. I'm looking forward to our swap on monday. Are you sure you and Kala have to move to Alaska? I'll be happy to take legacy clients, but I'd rather enjoy you two's company.
Dear Rahshemah;
Thank you for the groovy giant crystal and agate stand. It totally rocks(PUN!!)

2 comments:

Mariana said...

I've been meaning to ask you: is the name of the melody written anywhere on the box? Because if it isn't just refresh my memory of the image on the box and I'll check on the bookstore where I bought what its name is. I go there every day, so it's no bother.

The "I'll take things only I know for $1000, Alex" is a brilliant joke!

The "Stop punishing yourself. Oh--you dress like that on purpose. never mind." bit got me loling.

Happy new year to you and all your buddies! :)

Trey said...

The box says "Free As The Wind"--a great name for such a haunting melody :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin