Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Plan "B" Underway

(The world's most famous "massage therapist"--John Redcorn. Thanks for keeping that stereo type alive there, Mike.)


So, when last we spoke on the topic, I had just come to realize I was wasting time at the hookah lounge (trying to do chair massage, not smoking--silly), and I needed to do something else.
I just got hired at a discount massage establishment. I usually want to firebomb that kind of place--usually they are not owned by massage therapists, and end up being an unhealthy place for the therapist. My dear Vaia worked at one that kept her busy 8 hours straight, and paid her $8 an hour for it. See what I mean about the firebomb?
The place I signed on at is owned by a RMT who was a classmate of my two favorite instructors, and he is paying a fair and decent wage--bless him. So I'll be there Tuesday and weekend evenings.
I will be working about 16 hours a week, and making about the same as I did at Bedlam for 40 weekly hours of wrestling, screaming, and paperwork.
Hot damn!

5 comments:

Kurt said...

As long as it doesn't affect your posting schedule, I'm okay with it. Anyone else?

mendacious said...

ooo, good point. you see what my job has done for my posting abilities. but all hail working for a decent wage... i realize as my producers talked about the "check" coming in and being able to purchase cars in cash--- i had to rethink a what a fair wage meant and why i wasnt' getting one.

M said...

Trey doesn't have anyone making him coffee and fluffing his pillows, so from that perspective I can understand how well-paid work might at times feel more gratifying than staying at home and blogging. But only from that perspective. Who wouldn't like their very own Todd?Congratulations, Trey! :) I hope this gig works out.

delta said...

Congratulations - it seems that fate rewards the gutsy.

Karima said...

Wait a minute! You got paid to wrestle and scream.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin