Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Peter Panic


(Peter says: What next, damn you? This maturity crap must have a limit!!)
I don't know what to think......I've passed a milestone or something........my very last childhood food aversion.......gone!
I got over liver hatred when I was 11, after a gruesome morning of tests in hospital-- it was a matter of "what further indignity can you visit upon me--bring it!". My aversion to avocados vanished at adolescence. Other minor aversions--mayonaisse, par example--no more. But the final one I held into my mid 40's. But not any more. The dreaded, feared, and religiously avoided beet has entered the role of acceptable food stuffs. Bloody beety hell.

5 comments:

Kurt said...

Beet root and Bramley apple chutney.

M said...

I've got one word for you: ASPIC.

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/knox/4.html

Can you eat that?

Trey said...

eek! jelled horror on a plate!

mendacious said...

ew. no. sometimes aversions are aversions for a reason. ; )

delta said...

If it had berries rather than veggies I'd be sold.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin