Sunday, July 09, 2006

I'm baaaaaaack!

( blogger is refusing to upload my pictures. they must be spanked and sent to bed without reading dinner)
I returned to work this weekend, and yay that!! I had a red letter day today--one of those where you feel "ON", and the feedback reinforces it.
I had my first deaf client tonight--I was so happy! It has been my intent to build a deaf-centric practice here in Austin--there are 60,000 deaf citizens in and around Travis county at last count--about half of deaf Americans live here, close to Texas School for the Deaf. So actually getting a member of my target market demographic on the table was thrilling. It was great--I didn't have to hold up my end of a conversation--no distractions, just full focus on the bodywork. She was very pleased with the work, and expect to see her again.
My last client of the night was a nurse who had just finished a 12 hour shift at the hospital down the road. If you had been standing in the hall, listening at the door, you would have suspected something salacious was underway, and shame on you for that! Some people are more vocal than others. It's perfectly normal for some folks to groan, moan, sigh, and go "god, yes!" while receiving massage. I love working on health care professionals--they totally "get" the anatomy rap, and the nursing professionals are ALL in need of some nurturing themselves, so again, I was thrilled to have her on my table. All in all, a great way to return from an owie absence.
Yes, "owie". I worked children's psychiatric--do you expect me to be a fucking vulgarian?
hang about now........I think I've struck irony.............................yes, definately ironic, and not in that faux Alanis kind of way.......not to dis ms morriset--I liked her after she got back from india, and she made an exellent diety in Dogma. Aren't you getting eyestrain from squinting at this tiny italic crap? Sometimes I wonder about muself....but only for a second. I get bored by the topic of "Trey"---there's so many more interesting things to think about. Like ice fishing. Believe me, ice fishing is moe interesting than I am. I pose absolutely no threat of hypothermia to anyone, but you still might end up with a yummy fish dinner. You know, I can keep ad-libbing this crap almost as long as you can read it. seriously, there's not like an "off" button on me, you just have to decide to

3 comments:

M said...

Aren't you guys glad I clicked the off button before he could finish the sentence?

Karima said...

Welcome back from your owies

delta said...

yay!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin