Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I Still Have It......

"It" being the crazy person magnet. I have long sworn off public transportation due to my irresistable magnetsim re: the mentally ill. Seriously. I have stories.....but I'll focus on this one, for the sake of blogging brevity.
So there I am, after a good day at the massage hut--repeat clients on the rise, tips steady and good, so ya know, tired but happy, looking to unwind at my neighborhood all night coffee house (corporate/Seattle based, but friends work there). None of my friends were on duty tonight, so I copped an herbal tea and sat down to chill with one of my favorite comic books--"My Monkey's Name Is Jennifer"--the heartwarming tale of Kaitlin, a "happy child", and her castrated, declawed, bitter psychotic pet, a primate she named "Jennifer", and dresses up like a sweet little girl. Maybe it was my choice of reading material, but I wasn't in my chair for more than 20 minutes before a smiling, soft spoken psychotic young man took the seat next to me and began chatting. It took all of 4 utterances for him to reveal his state of mental health. I was glad of my background in the MH field and basic diplomacy skills. I politely chatted back for a couple of minutes, then made my escape.
I may never leave the house again. At least until it's time to go to work again.
(blogger is not loading images just now. Jennifer would say "I will kick you in your fleshy testicles, blogger. alot)

3 comments:

Kurt said...

Did he tell you he had learned karate from the trees, who had learned it from the birds? Cuz if so, I know him.

mendacious said...

the startling lack of detail and outline of conversation make me wonder if you are in fact the young man in question...

M said...

You should teach us some of those skills, so we know what to do in a situation like that! Maybe some kind of manual on how to deal with the creepy/scary/bizarre. I can easily see you giving lectures on this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin