Monday, August 30, 2010

City I Live In Too Damn Interesting

Seriously. What do you have to do to cast a community theater project? Back in the flashback inducing old days [twitch!], we clambered over each other to audition. It got us out of sheep milking, thorn harvesting, and other such hated chores. But here in Hipsterville? Way different.

All the fun/stimulating/trendy stuff we have here totally eliminates the need for community theatre. YouTube gives the wannabees their illusion of stardom, and the fear of ridicule stymies all others. What the damn hell, and shit a monkey!!!!!

I have most parts cast, but as a budding Bond villain and mal vivant, I want a huge crowd of minions!!!! But I'll take 6 or 7 stout hearted types. Any age. Even really old people. Or animals.
I may resort to puppets if this last round of auditions doesn't produce.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

I was just lamenting the quality of the latest crop of people with some other old people the other night.

Ah, Bartleby! Ah, humanity!

M said...

Looks like you're gonna have to thrown in a few free massages! Or free sock puppets!

Megan said...

Feeling slightly Guestian. I'm sure it will pass, though, if I have enough coffee in the morning.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin