Sunday, December 14, 2008

........its just that they're so endearing when they're young............

(Your typical skeezy waiter: NOT the topic of tonight's post)


My war with the waiter tribe will resume probably tomorrow, but for tonight, I must confess--I just tipped a waiter 50%. Seriously.

OK--set up. There I was, off from work early, not attending the office Xmas party, out shopping for cool weird crap to give my friends and co-workers, after having a great week tip-wise, and in a surprisingly good mood, holiday depression taken into account. I stopped in at the neighborhood Mexican Restaurant for a solo dinner, and sat in "Alex"'s section--on his first night working there. Unspoiled by bad influence of co-workers, horrid customers, and mendacious management, he was just the perfect mix of funny banter (<5%),attentiveness(>80%), and BS charm(15%)(he "carded" me). How could I be anything other than generous???

No fear--I shall resume casting aspersions upon the House of Server soon enough. For tonight, let there be peace between us.

7 comments:

Kurt said...

The worst are the ones that think they're witty.

Queen of France said...

i don't like female waitresses unless i'm in a diner AND i can't stand the American way of clearing the plate the second your empty fork hits it...the other day a waiter tried to take my salad plate AS I WAS EATING MY SALAD.

Megan said...

What's the over/under on how long Alex remains unspoiled?

That guy in the picture is definitely skeezy-lookin'.

tut-tut said...

Wow; that waiter looks very . . . something. I don't know. there's something about him.

dennis said...

Dennis thinks that Beckham used to be a waiter.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Were you drunk when you left this tip? Even if he was that good, tell me you were drunk!

Trey said...

PerCho--obviously---frozen Margaritas no less!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin