Friday, June 02, 2006

Season of Change



(Dawn reminding me to water the plants and bring in the mail. Subtle girl, our Dawnie)

So much change in the air. The new job for me, new apartment for Dawn in July, and the possibility of a new job for her, too.....Bart has new employment, and another of the group is buying a house.

Dawn and I were talking about " the suffering of cyclical existence" this morning before her flight back to Massachusetts. We agreed it sucks, but the up bits can be fun.
The groovetastic one is on a weeklong sabbatical to her homeland to the north (hence the Valkyrie drag), and has promised to get some photos of the horse barn she rode at as a wee lass. This is cheering news, as it offers me a visual heavy/writing lite post to come.

The new gig is a gas in many ways. For the most part, my clients are thrilled with my work, but I do get the rare person who is a bit more difficult to please. All good experience, by and large. It's much like working out for 4/5 hrs a day, three days a week. My forearms are getting Popeyesque, and the professional manner is becoming second nature. My blogging time has been encroached upon, however---I don't want to use my hands to type most days, as they are recovering from the vigours of the job. I expect to adjust rather soon, however, and get back to it. The direction my thoughts have been going suggests a series of posts on the topic of bullies. How to recognize them, how to deal with them, and tyrants I have known. Not a pleasant topic, but one on my mind of late. Whatever.

2 comments:

M said...

If even a strong man like you gets his arms tired massaging must be even tougher than I thought. Do like Kurt and type with your nose! ;)

Kurt said...

Maybe we should do a co-series of posts on bullies. There are so many to honor.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin