Saturday, June 17, 2006

I would like to introduce you to me

Taarzaan's research is taking up much of his time and energy, and I have been asked to help take up the slack at IRBHN. I remember from my Charles Durning research how arduous such work can be. For legal reasons, I had to give it up (and turn over my telephoto lens collection), but I too would be in my study now poring over back issues of Variety had the court not directly ordered me to stop.

First, an introduction. I am who they refer to as the talent at the blog Other People Exist. I like to think of IRBHN as the Monty Python's Flying Circus of blogdom, and OPE as the Joanie Loves Chachi.

But on to some actual post content. I was in a famous modern art museum recently, and in between all the paintings of squares and lines was "Cat and Bird," painted at some time in the past by a famous painter, probably in his studio. Taarzaan is a confessed cat enthusiast, and I know he would enjoy traveling from Texas to the city where this museum is located and seeing this painting, though he might want to plan some other events concurrent with the viewing to take full advantage of the trip.



Overheard in the famous modern art museum:
(one tourist lady to another): "DO THEY HAVE THE ONE WITH THE MELTING CLOCKS!?"

Ten most common cat names in the USA:

1. Tiger
2. Smokey
3. Tigger
4. Max
5. Oreo
6. Kitty
7. Shadow
8. Princess
9. Oliver
10. Sam

4 comments:

mendacious said...

work ugh.
that painting makes me angry. i don't know why...
here are my cats names (since the beginning) in no particular order...

sylvester parakeet grover III
wildie
meja
marley
tigger
turtle
small one
spudley aka psycho
sushi
whiskey
animal
rodan
(and)
cheesecake

Karima said...

So did they have the one with the melty clocks?

Trey said...

my fave is "Morrisey the Cat"

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

none of my cats were ever called any of those names. I guess I'm not common.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin