Thursday, June 22, 2006

Cute Report 12

I'm beginning to realize a lot of the dolls out there exist to satisfy a public of grown-up women, not kids. Mr. Burn's secretary is not the only adult to adore Malibu Stacy, that's for sure. I got over dolls pretty quick, so I don't identify with this craze. Also, some of these dolls preferred by women are creepy. However, I thought this doll was adorable -- Aksana. I'd love to have one for my inner child.

This is only one of the Loop Troupe Gang. It is what you see: a small wooden object that you can hang somewhere, just to look cute.


Quote: "These little wooden wonders have 3.5" loops which are perfect for attaching to your ceiling fan pull, tote bag, door handle or sweater--you name it!"

Holding that thought, I am in love with this Flickr group, dedicated to miniature wooden dolls called Kokeshi.

I wish I had some of my own to contribute!


I just found this site today: it's called Amigurumi Kingdom, and it has crocheted toys. A few of these things are simply strange and incomprehensible to me, but I thought this little tweety bird was adorable, like a little egg cozy.

I sing the kitty electric.

2 comments:

Trey said...

Aksana is a descendant of Audrey Hepburn! Gorgeous!!
The little crocheted fried eggs with chick faces are whimsical/disturbing, sort of like Betty Boop 'toons :)

M said...

Oh, I know what you mean. The other day there was this documentary on about Betty Boop cartoons. She was trying to get a job by sleeping with her boss-to-be. Disturbing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin