Saturday, October 15, 2005

FINALLY!!!

I received news today THAT I PASSED THE EXAM!! wOOt! I can now carry on with my career in massage therapy. The state posted a roster of those who passed--there were 690 of us on the list! Since I will be specializing in serving deaf clients, I feel A:no worries about competeing with my friends, and B: not so worried about competition in general. There are approximately 60,000 deaf and hard of hearing individuals living in and around Travis county. Yes, SIXTY THOUSAND. And I've yet to find a therapist specializing in serving them. I worked in the state's only deaf psychiatric facility a few years back, and need to polish up my sighning skills a wee bit, but heavens--I found a niche that needs filling. My immediate financial goals are A: get out of debt, and B: get my teeth fixed. I have monkey fangs--I like them, but they may be a bit scary to people who don't know me well--particularly if they've just disrobed and gotten under the linens on the massage table. I think less feral looking may be a good look for me--I've had nearly 45 years of my sexy fangs, and it will be a couple o' years untill I can afford any major work, so by the time I get around to it, I will have had the wild look long enough. Don't worry--no plan to cut my hair short or anything silly like that.

3 comments:

M said...

You're my hero! I always wanted to know sign language. Of course it's no good unless you can use it to speak to someone else, and I never needed to; but I still wish I could. I once saw two people communicating with each other across a subway coach. If they had tried to speak they wouldn't have heard each other, no matter how loud they screamed. But there they were, relaxedly chatting.

And congratulations again!

Are you sure you want to give upon a personal feature just because other people might not like it? Or are you doing it because you don't like it?

Trey said...

Thank you! Sign is useful, and fun!
I want to get my teeth fixed because (sexy fangs aside) they are rather crooked and difficult to maintain-- I destroy toothbrushes with regular use. As A child, I begged for orthodontics, and envied my friends who got braces. It will resolve a lifelong wish--yay!!

Kurt said...

I call mine my hideous wolf teeth.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin