Thursday, December 20, 2007

Breaking Silence, or I got Tagged by Mendacious


So. I haven't been blogging lately. I tend to write from two places :sincere or silly.
Haven't been very silly lately, and the sincere still leads to the tearful, hence me being all quiet.
But since I got tagged with the "7 random" meme, here goes (except I'm not following the "pass it on" rule):
1. My accent is difficult to place.
People guess everything from California to England--seriously. I learned to speak English from the television, after it had been discovered that my infant "babbling" was actually Czech I had learned from the nanny (she didn't baby talk to me like the family).
2. My eye color is difficult, too.
They used to be green--vividly so. Overtime, the green divided into a ring of blue at outer iris and a ring of yellow around the pupil. People call them blue, grey, brown, green--depending on light, the color of my shirt, and emotional state. Seriously.
3. I'm allergic to strawberries and opiates--synthetics, too.
I eat fresh hot peppers without a second thought, but strawberries burn like lava. And most prescription pain killers make me violently ill--itching, dizziness, nausea---seriously.
4. I have been practicing non-violence for 38 years.
I last deliberately hit another person when I was 8. I have been sorely tempted much--my school mates were determined to force me into fighting--that sucked hugely---and I was quite tempted to bash this asshole the night my Ma died, but he was grieving his own loss, so I didn't maim him. Seriously
5. My ears are very mobile.
They move up, and to the side. One at a time, or both together. Like an animal's. Seriously.
6. I have been a cat lover since first sight.
I would creep up on sleeping feral cats to pet them. I never got discouraged by the scratches, even though it hurt my skin and my feelings. Lucky I never got bitten---seriously.
7. I want my Ma.
seriously, damnit

3 comments:

mendacious said...

most excellent list! feel i will need to blog off the conversation the following just sparked in my head. EriouslySay. fan=tastic.

M said...

You're so cool. :) And I'm so envious that you can move your ears, I wish I could. I wouldn't mind having green/blue eyes either...

Kurt said...

People used to tell me I had the most beautiful blue eyes. I haven't heard that in about fifteen years.

Cats love me, but I am allergic to them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin