Friday, September 23, 2005

Great Ginormous Sigh of Relief

Phew! Just finished taking the state exam for massage therapy-- three words for it. Piece of cake. I feel this bizarre giddy/calm/unreal feeling. This was something I was a bit apprehensive about, and it turned out to be a pleasant experience. Let's hope hurricane Rita is the same sort of thing-- scary on approach, but not so much when you look back on it. Many of the people taking the test came from various points across the state--as far as El Paso(!), a few from Dallas, and some from Galveston and Houston. Best of luck to you all-- may the wind and water be kind. I have to admit, I was a bit embarassed to live so close to the testing site. It was a mere 10 minute drive, and they held it at the most posh hotel I'ver ever been in. Just amazingly luxurious. Besides the test, there were a large number of people with dogs-- must have been a dog show in town. It was quite nice to see a pet friendly facility, particularly one that posh. I suppose for what they charge, they can afford to clean up after any "wee" accidents. If you are ever here, stop by the Rennaissance Hotel on Arboretum Blvd, and see what I mean. Wowsers!

6 comments:

M said...

My favorite kind of tests -- near home and sure to pass brilliantly! Yay, glad to hear you were calm and relaxed while you were taking it, because sometimes that's where the best students fail. Kudos! :)

Trey said...

Thank you! I've been celebrating by taking my loved ones to dinner(s). Dawn and I had a wonderful 7 course dinner this afternoon(southern Indian vegetarian--yummy!), and I'm just back from an all night cafe with Amber, Alexis and Jarod. With everything I've given up, feasting is my only remaining vice.

Kurt said...

My neck still hurts a little, so you can't be that good.

OLY said...

Congratulations Matey! If your ever in my neck of the planet.. make sure you look me up would love a really great massage, and sounds like you have a natural ability there for it. Thanks for stopping by as well..much appreciated!!

Trey said...

Thanks, PB! And likewise, if ever you make it to this portion of our planet, please lok me up for a complimentary session. That goes for ALL of ya'll!:)

delta said...

I'm a bit late, but congratulations!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin