Thursday, January 13, 2005

An introductory rant

Welcome, sportsfans--to the World Series of Uncomfortable Silences.

Heya!! Thanks for stopping in. Would you like a cup of tea? Go fix one if you like, the worst that may happen while you are away is your screensaver displaying. Not that I have anything against your screensaver, mind you. I'm certain its lovely--holiday snaps, maybe your pet in an adorable pose, or maybe you've downloaded your favorite celeb or sports team. Hopefully it isn't that appalling one you posted on your Yahoo adult profile--the one of your bits? Sorry, hate to bring up such a sore topic--so! How's the tea?
I've only just become a member of the computer-having tribe since November '04. I purchased it with money I saved out of my student loan(I'm 44,thanks) after I bought a used massage table from a workmate at the psychiatric hospital. That's where I WORK, thank you!
I'm a massage therapy student--that explains the table bit.
Anyway, back to me being all new and stuff to this technology.......
I've been reading on line personals. PHEW! Let me say this: I'm grateful to be informed of all the appalling habits and kinks before risking contact. This may very well lead to a better world.
Imagine a world where you know ahead of time that the person you are meeting tonight shares your love of BDSM or other paraphilia. Or conversely, a world where you need not fear that your date may at anytime whip out some frightening request/demand/desperate appeal, or even more frightening paraphenalia. Thanks to this astounding technology, we may one day live in a world with a bit less rejection, apprehension and unpleasant surprizes.
The concept of bounderies seems to be undergoing a transformation. The most current manifestation is the "air quotes" reality programs, going back to MTV's real world. Reality surrounds us in all directions at all times. No need for a TV or cable connection--your senses are all you need. I worry that children growing up in this voyeuristic/exhibitionistic social climate may become the rudest generation ever. In my imagination, there is this poor sad television executive weeping with self loathing and disgust at the viewing public. I imagine him trying desperately to concoct a programm so loathsome and soulless that the audience will wake up from their tele-trance and find their own buddha nature out of sheer survival instinct. I imagine him sobbing as the lowest common denominator descends further and further as he awaits his hoped for come-uppance. Poor imaginary bastard! Do him a favor and spare yourself the toxic exposure. Communication is not about one-liners. Movies are not reality. Celebrities are not better, smarter or more beautiful than you. This I firmly hold to be true.
Sorry for the soapbox rant--I'll try to be funny next time. namaste

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Ha! I get to be the first to leave a comment! Hi Trey, I love your pic. The introductory rant is wonderful. Very you. Now I have a blog too. (I had to to leave you a comment.)We should hang out more. Anyways,
Kisses,
Whitney

Trey said...

Yes,we should. Kisses back!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin