Thursday, February 17, 2005

I got a nasty valentine's day surprize

It was a big scary trojan horse with worms and virus--iccky! Particularly for a reformed Luddite type . It REALLY sucked, but with 4 different programs and some manual digging around, I've managed to get things back to a workable state. I'm still working out how to get rid of this sodding hijacker program, but I think the firewall will sort out its shennanigans. Bloody hackers! If you want to grow up to be the Joker, at least be as suave as Ceasar Romero, or cool like Jack, or at least invest in the purple suit, for fuck's sake. I recommend a course of hydrotherapy--high pressure ice water colonic irrigation 3 time a day. Or more, maybe. PUFF PUFF PANT PANT.....ok, ok, I know.........grrrrrr..........bastards..............anyway, I have learned to stay recent with protection, and I'll be unsubscribing to most of my yahoo groups--suspected source of e-mail infection. Sorry to vent here, but you know, new to the computer world, not yet blase' about these things.
Thanks to my bloggerific role models for the advice on photos--I'll be taking that on as soon as I'm certain I've sorted this virtual infection out.
Check out "Steal this Blog" for a bit of ranting in a different charcter.
Love to all (who don't create/send nasty surprizes)

3 comments:

delta said...

Sorry to hear that! If you like I can give you a list of (free) software I use to keep my old machine in check if you like...

Finding you have a second blog is like discovering that Santa came again on Christmas night too :)

Trey said...

Yes, please! Always glad to accept tips from those in the know:)

delta said...

Ok :) I never know when I'm being a know-it-all techie.

For anti-virus there's Grisoft AVG which is nice and free. For removing the crud every once in a while there's Lavasoft Adaware also free for home users.

But my secret weapon, the supremely paranoid doorman guarding the gates to my machine is Kerio's Personal Firewall - if you elect not to pay after the free trial you get some reduced functionality, and it forgets all your settings, but despite all that, this is the best piece of kit on my machine.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin