Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Civic Duty---- Check!

For several years I was excused from jury duty because of my status as unpaid caregiver.

Yesterday, I did my first jury summons, and it really was surprisingly pleasant.

At first, it was like a flashback to high school-- a group of people stuck in an old building, wishing they were anywhere else.

The nice lady with the clipboard gave us these little numbered signs, like at an auction. They made good fans.

These case was civil suit, so nothing traumatic.

My favorite of the two attorneys was a mellow, confident older woman ( I think she'll win the case, just based on her obvious alpha status); the judge was a substitute, and had a Johnny Carson-like vibe-- he kept us entertained while the two sides made their choices.

I wasn't chosen, but the other two long haired dudes were, so yay Austin or something!

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Bully for you. I never made it to the selection process the last time i had jury duty.

Sebastien Millon said...

Well, that's good news! If I'm ever chosen I'm sure I won't get picked for the jury because I'll act insane, which won't even be an act. It'll be so easy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin