Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Horror-o-thon Fun---thanks to Gatochy's

Mariana is sponsoring a writing exercise. Join in, and flex your horror-writing muscles!!
Go to Gatochy's for more details!
Day 1
....... and downstairs is my private bar. I got everything off eBay--it was some kind of estate sale. See that painting? When you position it just so, it looks like a mirror--see? Everything on the bar is there in the painting! How cool is that? Now, lets have a drink, and go check out the new pool..........

Day 3
........because I really need to know more about this lot I bought from you........yes, the bar.......oh, it's all quite lovely, and in great shape for the age it all is..........it's the painting I'm wondering about---it kinda spooks me out a little...........no, nothing's happened.....why? Yes, I understand---I'll call back later........

Day 5
.........really not funny. Where the hell is the blender? I put it right there on the bar, and now it's nowhere to be seen! A brand new blender, gone! I may be rich, damnit, but I don't think I should be expected to replace appliances the day after I purchase them! Who the hell took the blender! I'll sack the lot of you if it is not returned immediately! What!? Right over there? Where?...........that's not the blender....that's in the painting..........

Day 6
.....no, seriously! Someone is fucking with my head! They stole my blender, and painted its image, exactly as I left it, in the mirror painting! I appreciate talent, damn it, but this is just weird and annoying! Hire extra security, and put a camera in the bar. I'm going to get to the bottom of this........

Day 7
..........and now the security camera is gone off the wall, and there is a painting of it, just like with the blender! Some damn prankster is not only stealing my things, but they are defacing an antique painting! I tell you, I'll spend the night sleeping on the bar if that's what it takes to catch this little punk............

The next month
.........and finally on the block, originally part of an antique bar owned by occultist and author Aleister Crowley, this painting of the bar, with the figure of a very surprized and distressed looking gentleman laying on the bar............

2 comments:

M said...

The occult will get you every time... Very cool story, Trey! :)

Trey said...

Thank you! I love your idea for a
blog-a-thon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin