Friday, May 20, 2005

Deep Massage

I'm a couple of hours away from finishing up my last 2 hours of internship--WooT!
We've begun second semester this week--had an intro night from the head of the school on Tuesday, and yesterday we had our first practical classes. Deep massage (as I discovered) is about addressing deep layers of muscle-- it is short, sweet and to the point. Some of the techniques look like "psychic surgery", with hands seeming to disappear into the tissues. I'd never received a deep tissue session-- it was a bit intense, but I can report that the pain in my lower back is gone.
I heard from a classmate yesterday that spas are a bit desperate for therapists, raising the hope that I may be able to escape from the psychiatric facility before next November.
In other news, Mr. Bigglesworth (hairless, likes to be petted) and I continue to bond. We spend several hours each day playing together. It's been so bloody long since I've felt playful, I wasn't sure I still had it in me.
It's good having hands. Give yours some love!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin