Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Random Stuff



So---back when I thought I would be moving to Montana, I placed some sprouting potatoes in my compost heap--the same heap I'd put all my potting soil and organic compost in. They took off and grew like crazy, and yesterday I harvested fresh spuds from my garden. Never having had them fresh from the earth before, allow me to say "WOW!!". Tender--amazingly so. Made the most toothsome hashbrowns at breakfast, and mashed at dinner--you could just plotz. I'm going to try soup, next. There will be onions to harvest soon---probably going to become soup, too. (I'm a soup crazed soup addict--don't try to get between me and the broth if ya know what's good fer ya)
Speaking of soup--I made fresh cream of mushroom last night---again with the "wow". Using half-n-half makes a big difference (no more skim in my soup, merci beaucoup)
And being truly random, let me say that The Long Kiss Goodnight is my favorite Geena Davis movie.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

I almost plotzed reading about it.

M said...

Oh, I always to do that, have a little space where I could grow a few things! Good for you. :)

mendacious said...

makes me crave hashbrowns, and wistful for my quest to join geena as a member of mensa. alas, if only.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin