Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ice Storm Memories

Sigh.......I'm feeling nostalgic---for last week. It was quite pleasant having a meteorologically enforced time out after the post holiday massage rush (NOT complaining BTW). I spent 4 days inside, cooking, napping, watching cartoons and Hammer Horrors, and playing bass. Oh, yeah--and I took pictures for posterity.
(Why does that word always remind me of J Lo?)
The frozen air conditioning unit was beautiful and vaguely ironic.
The frozen cherub is just kinda poignant, or ironic if you think of Dante---if you are inclined to think suchly.

Granny Weathervane had a half inch of ice all along her top edge. Doesn't look very pleased about it, either.
The plantstand had nearly an inch of ice atop it--like a lense, or a covered walkway in St. Paul.
My bike looks forlorn, with the icy overhangs at brake, grip, and pedal. Good thing I hadn't planned to ride it just then. I should get a really good ride in as soon as the weather permits--all that cooking? Lead to eating.

3 comments:

Kurt said...

I stayed in and watched reruns of Magnum PI on the Sleuth Channel. Good times!

mendacious said...

clearly your icicles are bigger than my icicles... now put that bike away next time. it rots the tires!

Sebastien Millon said...

Great pics! We gotta help get you a nice road bike... You shouldn't punish your current bike by leaving it outside!

And unfortunately I haven't read Dante, i've been meaning to for a long time. So the reference goes over my head!

I just got Milton's Paradise Lost, that's going to be my next big project.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin